Friday, June 3, 2016

36 Week Update!

How far along? 36 weeks, 4 days
Total weight gain/loss: I was 203 at my last appointment!
Maternity clothes? All I've worn since Wednesday, May 25th, is pajamas thanks to bed rest!
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: I have been sleeping great. I wake up sweating every night, but I'm making up for any lost sleep being on bed rest! :) Might as well enjoy it while I can!
Best moment this week: Mama passed her kidney stone this past Sunday!!! It was my biggest stone yet and it was such a relief to get that thing out! I can finally focus on the last few weeks of pregnancy!
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? I don't really miss anything, but I will be happy when baby girl is here and bed rest is over. I feel so lazy these days!
Movement: Priscilla and I have spent a lot of time bonding...she likes to push back when I rub on my tummy! Being on bed rest has allowed me to feel all of the big and little movements!
Food cravings: No cravings.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Eating too much!
Have you started to show yet: My tummy kind of looks like a prosthetic one like you see in the movies. My belly button is so stretched and my tummy is so tight it almost looks fake! :)

Gender prediction: Girl
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? It's as flat as a pancake and sticks out at the top!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!

Looking forward to: I cannot wait to meet this little princess! We had a great time at our birth and beyond class, got to see P during our ultrasound, found out she has hair, didn't get to see her face b/c she still likes to hide behind her arms, and got all the baby stuff washed and ready the day before bed rest! At our 35 week appointment I had high blood pressure that wouldn't go away. I wound up having to do a 24 hour urine analysis. On Wednesday, the 25th, I took the urine sample back and was sent to the hospital due to high blood pressure (again). They were able to do lab work and get the urine analysis done super fast so I had spend the day there. I found out that there is protein in my urine and the only way my blood pressure stays normal is if I'm laying. I was sent home and I've been on bed rest ever since. On my way to my checkup this past Wednesday, June 1st, Haha and I were rear-ended in Austin traffic. I was so scared that something could have been wrong so I got to take my first ambulance ride to the hospital. They picked up P's heartbeat right away and all was right in the world again. She started kicking on the ride over (while they put an IV in my arm, to be exact!) and I knew everything would be ok. We spent the afternoon there and after 4ish hours we were released. During the middle of our stay the nurse asked me if I was feeling my contractions. I wish I could have seen the look on my face! Luckily I was not dilated so they were just Braxton Hicks contractions. I can't believe I didn't even know I was having them! P was as active as ever so I felt completely safe going home. They checked my fluids before we left and I still had plenty so I was ready to get back to bed. It was quite the eventful day. The best part was that little sneak peak I got at P during the ultrasound. I got to see her face for a split second, but then she decided to hide from us again. All in all, I'm glad everything is good and she's doing great! Not much longer now...

No comments:

Post a Comment